Common Mitigation Actions
- Enforcement of building codes, floodplain management codes and environmental regulations.
- Public safety measures such as continual maintenance of roadways, culverts and dams.
- Acquisition of relocation of structures, such as purchasing buildings located in a floodplain.
- Acquisition of undeveloped hazard prone lands to ensure no future construction occurs there.
- Retrofitting of structures and design of new construction, such as elevating a home or building.
- Protecting critical facilities and infrastructure from future hazard events.
- Planning for hazard mitigation, emergency operations, disaster recovery, and continuity of operations.
- Development and distribution of outreach materials related to hazard mitigation.
- Deployment of warning systems to alert and notify the public.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link